Checklist for ARC Talks
We discussed several months ago to develop a checklist for ARC Talks. This checklist should help everyone who wants to organize an ARC Talk to smoothly do it and include different aspects of organizing. I would like to work on this together with someone else from ARC. Who is interested? If we meet for a couple of hours, then I think we should have something decent ready. I have time next week Thursday (28/04) and perhaps 26/04 after ARC Monthly meeting. Perhaps those who are either organizing an ARC Talk already or someone who wants to would like to do this?
I will be a bit busy on those dates with ARChive preparations, but as I mentioned last ARC general meeting, would love to do the design part.
Maybe Henry and me can already put our experiences in the form of a checklist?
Okido, so it is set: on 28/04 9:00-12:00 @Backbone we work on this. If anyone is still interested, please send a pm somewhere - Signal or email or smth.
- Name (title, subtitle, ...)
- Date & hours
- Place and how to get there (if difficult to find)
- Short explicative text including full names of the participants
- Potentially extra logo in .png (sponsor, collaborator, ...)
- Potentially the detail of the activities (if longer event)
- Make clear what design export is needed (format, size, print or digital, for which platform, ...)
- Give enough time to the designer - a month in advance is good enough
- Text-proofing as much as possible
- List of keywords/inspirations to help for the design
- Design elements that are "wanted" to be on the design (such as a color, a style, a picture, ...)
As an addition to what I wrote, here's a MEGA file with the design elements: https://mega.nz/fm/YwsmlLKD
There you can find:
- the Photoshop files for the ARC talk (with the base design and different format - if new format needed you can add it or ask for it 😉
- the logo (in different formats, including .psd)
- the images for the past and upcoming ARC talks