The World We Live In
Let's start The World We Live In ARC Talk topic!
Because of their calendar, Melisa, Rosie, Setareh and I will have a preparatory meeting mid February for a possible ARC talk (preferably happening in May - let's see).
The estimated budget is here: https://sheet.zoho.eu/sheet/open/74n94748288ec928e4b1899b7e9605d833415?sheet=Events-2022&range=B49 (attached a screenshot, just in case).
... more info to come!
I've met the girls last week (and Setareh today), so here's some news:
- For this year's edition, The World We Live In won't be a festival. It has changed shape and turned to a sort of trajectory program for socially engaged musiciens. It aims to give creative and organisational tools to the participating artists (which are 6 master students from the PCC now).
- They have planned 15 different sessions along the semester. The 1st session happened last week. It evolves around music skills, leading / guidance and collaborating. For more info, you can find attached an overview of the sessions.
- They are interested to work with us! As a small group, 2 to 3 people. We talk about integrating one or more of those sessions to bring an artistic attitude to the participants That can be interesting!
- Though, it might not take the shape of a ARC Talk per se.
- But if we can collaborate during this program, maybe an ARC Talk can be done later as a conclusive gesture.
- Other loose infos: they are planning a small event in June for closing the program; they might organise, with the participants, small workshops/actions/events in between the sessions
This being say, we thought we can organise a meeting soon to talk already about practicalities and possibilities. We thought of online (if it's easier) and next week, one of this day: 23/02 - 24/02 - 25/02. I know @Inbal and @Agustin you were participating last year and you were interested - I'll send you an email! Otherwise, for the others, just let me know your thoughts and if you are interested. They mentioned a small group of people, but we can always talk 😉
That's all for now!