Board meeting agenda: 26/01/22

4 Posts
1 Users
2 Likes
T.S. Anna
(@anna)
Estimable Member Admin Registered
Topic starter

We didn't manage to talk about the upcoming board meeting during our meeting in December. What points for agenda do we have?

I write this because I already thought about it in the last few months, and there is one element I would like to introduce for the upcoming 3 board meetings, namely - a short (15-30 minute) presentation from each of our board members about their own experiences/backgrounds etc of themes/topics/whatever that they think is relevant for us. I think giving uninterrupted time of such short length is a good way for us to learn about them, and pass on their 'wisdom'. 🙂

I wanted to talk about it on our last meeting because I already took the liberty to talk about it to Albert van der Kooij. I have had the pleasure to work with him for many years, before moving to Netherlands; certainly one of the people who has greatly shaped my own thinking and organizing. He has a very rich and long history of working in ways that many thrive to, starting from and always coming back to values. And that is what I asked if he would like to share with us as we are in this very exciting new organization together. His approach is that of chaos management and embracing bottom-up ways of organizing and leading; this is based on decades of experiences in several (arts+) educational institutions, probably the Academy of Popculture being one of the most notable.

I hope you agree to this.

Anyway, I created a pad for everyone to easily throw in and organize the agenda of this meeting together. I also propose that we all prepare a bit more than for our usual meetings, especially when it comes to the plan of the coming year so that our board can understand it well.

Posted : 14/01/2022 1:21 pm
K reacted
T.S. Anna
(@anna)
Topic starter

Agenda for tomorrow:

ARC Board meeting agenda
26/01/21 10:00-12:00
place: Groene Zaal Praediniussingel
board members present: 

10:00 quick round of introductions (for everyone present - who am I in ARC / why am I a member/board member of ARC?)

10:15 GENERAL PLAN FOR 2022

• ARC place - all over the city (and beyond)

• ongoing inside activities:
  •     general monthly meetings, 
  •     ARC Writes (Kevin +)
  •     ARC Reads (Anna +)
  •     website development (Pol +)
  •     studio visits&other (if necessary)

• research trajectories, ongoing 'projects':
  • Art&Technology Manifesto for 'Image in Context' (Agustin and Anke; + Kevin, Simona, Adri, Anna)
  • Not Knowing trajectory and activities (Anna, Adri, Kevin, Simona) + ARC Talks
  • Playing with the Archive & Publication (Inbal +)
  • Upcoming collaboration with TWWLI (Kevin +) + ARC Talks

• other ARC Talks & public activities:
  •     DAO talk & workshop (Henry, +Adri)
  •     Writing with Jasmiijn Visser (Linde)
  •     e-soul (Kevin)
  •     ARC 'festival' - too early to say much

• budget and finances:
  •     collaborations with 'Image in Context' & Minerva (Anke)
  •     applying for funding (to discuss)
  •     bank account (Adri)

11:30 Practical issues:
    - next board meetings & regularity
    - any action & to-do lists following the discussions
    - other (if necessary)

Posted : 25/01/2022 4:30 pm
T.S. Anna
(@anna)
Topic starter

Now editable, with a small update for budget&finances, t.i. membership fees

Posted : 25/01/2022 6:52 pm
T.S. Anna
(@anna)
Topic starter

Thank you all for today. It was so nice to hear (maybe in such a compact way the first time) why each of us is here/there with ARC. 🙂

Posted : 26/01/2022 2:31 pm
K reacted