6 Users
2 Likes
K
 K
(@kevin)
Estimable Member Admin Registered
Topic starter

Hey friends,

I want to share a couple of informations concerning following meetings or sessions. And I would like to get confirmations.

The World We Live In

I know that for some of us, it clicked well with the girls from TWWLI (theworldwelivein.nl). Last meeting we talk about keeping the contact with them ... and I recently had a meeting with Setareh, Melissa and Rosie! They also mentioned their interest in keeping the contact.

Last edition of TWWLI (July 21) was a succes but it got too "big" and almost commercial - therefore it wasn't pleasing for the organizers. They wanted to come back to their originals ideas; smaller scale, connections, socially engaged work, educational purposes and more collaborations.

I though of organising a soup-encounter in my studio (1 van schendelstraat 9721 V Groningen) - probably with some nice glanned veggies from the market's left over. We agreed with the girls from TWWLI that the only closed date with the 3 of them available is 19th of December. Which is the day after the ARC Christmas Party Simona mentioned on her last post.

This is meant to be a informal meeting, knowing a bit more each others, and, who knows, maybe collaborate in the future.

Can it be an idea? Who's up? Any suggestions? Is it okay to have it the day after ARC Christmas? Should we move Christmas?

Het Resort

I've been working with Het Resort (mainly building stuff and moving shit). Karina Bakx is one of the co-founder and it happened that she has a lot of experience with finding empty, unused spaces and turn them into cultural spaces - at least until the owner want to kick artists out. She's also apparently having a good network in Groningen for this kind of space/project.

Which is a good think because we were looking for a space in the city center to engage and be more present in public space. I've asked Karina and she is willing to meet up around a cup of coffee (or tea) to give advises and answer potentials questions.

No date has been decided yet - it's up to us. I don't think we need to be plenty of people to meet up with her, a couple will be enough.

What do you think? Who's up?

Writing Session

We also mentioned last meeting a small writing together session. I've marked it in my agenda for the 9th of November but Simona wrote it for the 8th - can we confirm?

Also a couple of questions: where are we doing it? I suppose that it should be half online half physical (even tho I heard new regulation will be out today concerning working from home). Let's make it easy, I have a couple of ideas on what to do but if you have some please let's share them on another topic!

That's all folks!

P.S. I can't manage to add a date or an event on the calendar - do I need to connect with Google Calendar? is there a manual way of adding events?

Posted : 02/11/2021 11:27 am
T.S. Anna
(@anna)

Kevin, very nice. Thanks! I answer point by point:

TWWLI: for me 19/12 is currently available, but I think I would prefer to call it end-of-year with ARC Christmas party. I wonder if it wasn't better to move it better to January, and maybe to a working day?

het resort: count me in. I can set up a datumprikker for those interested to join this.

Writing session: I see now I also marked November 9th (but without time..); may have missed something though.

p.s. I too have difficulties with adding something to the calendar

Posted : 02/11/2021 12:10 pm
(@adri)
Eminent Member Admin Registered

I am in available for all dates. Don't need to be in al meetings. Looking forward to the writing session! 

Posted : 02/11/2021 1:14 pm
K
 K
(@kevin)
Topic starter

Let's assume the writing session is not tomorrow? I'll send an email/blog post about it 😉

Posted : 07/11/2021 7:40 pm
K
 K
(@kevin)
Topic starter

For TWWLI:

Let's move the meeting in January/February, it will be easier for having the three founders together - let's keep in touch for the precise dates!

For the meeting with Karina Bakx:

Just need a couple of people interested and then we can send out the datumprikker 🙂

Posted : 11/11/2021 1:48 pm
(@inbal)
Eminent Member Admin Registered

Hoi Hello,

TWWLI - count me in 🙂

Writing Sessions - send a heads up when and I hope I could join

#life.is.a.lot atm 😉

Posted : 16/11/2021 2:02 pm
(@arcsimona)
Active Member Admin

Writing session: Oeps, it's possible I noted wrong in my agenda. But 9 December works also, 10-12? I will gladly join online.

This post was modified 2 years ago 2 times by Simona Kicurovska

Posted : 25/11/2021 12:35 pm
T.S. Anna
(@anna)

@arcsimona In my calendar I have Wednesday, December 8th 10:00 until 11:00.

Posted : 06/12/2021 12:52 pm
K
 K
(@kevin)
Topic starter

Wednesday 11 - 12 like this Anke can join? If it's okay for you?

Posted : 06/12/2021 1:22 pm
(@anke)
Active Member Admin Registered

@kevin do we need to prepare something?

Posted : 06/12/2021 1:41 pm
K
 K
(@kevin)
Topic starter

@anke just bring your creativity, and either pen/paper or a computer 😉

Posted : 06/12/2021 6:21 pm