1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
K
 K
(@kevin)
Estimable Member Admin Registered
Topic starter

Another 2022, the year of the tiger, starts with a total eclipse of moon. It appears to be the most remarkable eclipse of the past century. Some says that it is a sign of great good for the future. Life is certain, from above, from a Birdseye, airplane, satellite perspective. Things are categorised; the understandable with the understandable, the old values with the big systems, the shiny little things with the ego boosters and the strange on the pile of waste. This has been so challenged. Big problems seem not so distant now.  It is possible to stop. If it is possible to stop is it also possible to change, from above? I feel like I woke up in 2019 and I questioned my conventions my notion of success, my reality.

On the thin surface of the earth lines appear, life lines, traffic lines, lines that move and change and wonder. Lines that scratch and engrave and etch. Modest but enthusiastic local policy. Only impressions appear close to the earth, glimpses, vague directions. 

This is where she will end up, this becomes her present. For a while... 
The bureaucratic time travel agreements wouldn't allow her to wonder. Wonder wonder wonder well.

16/03. Global Climate Emergency has been declared by the UN. Some countries are reluctant to follow the new drastic recommendations, but they will, pushed by the international community. It is possible to stop. It is. It is. It is. And if it is possible to stop, is it also possible to change? Why stop and change, to what future will that lead? A future I did not have, a world of things to do and done, another thing to focus on but to feel it is not the one. Motivated by this, a movement born in Greece called the Roses Movement emerged and proved modest but enthusiastic local policy concerning environmental and social issue. Seāla was part of it.

Seāla had travelled 202 years back in history and found herself in Groningen, in the year 2022. The sun was rising and the birds were singing. As with her previous time travels, once again she was overwhelmed about the life she saw, the life that didn't exist at the baren lands of Southern Estonia where she was situated, or any lands of the time where she lived in, despite the hard work and sacrifices of violent activists of Roses Movement. And yet here she was, standing at the entrance of Martinikerk, people bustling around, going about their lives as if nothing... As if they didn't know there will only be a buoy where once Martinikerk stood, floating in the seas. A place that is not my now, a feeling happy not to have, for that future seems inadequate to what I share and now have. She wished to say it out loud, but couldn't - the bureaucratic time travel agreements wouldn't allow her. Or even worse - put her whole mission in geopardy. ...  Improbability of covid and its effects on the world has caught her by surprise. She fantasised about the situation to herself so to believe it. Or maybe by hearing it she could understand it better. The inevitability of the future was now so clear how covid had effected the last 202 years. the machine of needs, capital and ‘logicial’ processes of the statues quo seemed impregnable. This had been so challenged. Big problems seem not so distant now. It is possible to stop. And then? If it is possible to stop is it also possible to change? she felt like in 2019 the world woke up and  questioned conventions, notion of success, its reality. I suspect now in  2022 with out covid would have been un remarkable number on a calendar but now my future self to try and remember however now it is a beginning of a possibility to change this different future.  

So, what will happen next? A future we did not have...

Another 2022,  
A future I did not have, a world of things to do and done, another thing to focus on but to feel it is not the one.  
A place that is not my now, a feeling happy not to have, for that future seems inadequate to what I share and have now.  

From above.

Posted : 05/01/2022 12:35 pm